NEW!!! MOI Alaska Climbing and Rigging (16-18 yr)
12 in stock
Matanuska Outdoor Institute – Matanuska Glacier View Campus. Pick up and drop off in Anchorage.
August 5 – August 9
- This course requires students to be in good physical condition.
- Must be able to walk for several hours in crampons over uneven and difficult terrain without whining.
- Students will be exposed to heights.
- Students must be willing to listen attentatively and follow all directions.
- Students must be willing to help with all camp chores, gear management and to morale.
This course starts with you and your team on our campus learning the fundamentals of anchors, knots, straps and ropes. Imagine mastering essential knots and rigging techniques, learning to secure gear like an Alaskan pro, building your own bombproof shelter, and preparing to climb ice. After honing your skills, you’ll embark on a two-day expedition on the legendary Matanuska Glacier.
Tiamuna Cancellation Policy:
No Refunds, No Transfers, No Cancellations, No Returns
Participants can pause or postpone services, but this is on a case-by-case basis and up to
the discretion of the Tiamuna Staff and the Service Provider.